Five Things You Can Do Today to Pet-Proof Your Home
Take the steps necessary to provide a safe and loving environment for your furry friend.
If you’re planning on bringing a pet into your home for the first time, there are some things you should do to make your place as comfortable and safe as possible for them. Doing so provides you with peace of mind knowing that you’ve reduced and eliminated potentially lethal things from your dog or cat’s living environment.
One product we offer is a stainless steel raised food bowl for your dog or cat. Having a food bowl on the ground can attract ants and other pests more easily. Pets will tend to make a mess and spill food or water as the unsecured bowls get moved and tossed around. Using a raised stand for your pet's dishes can lead to a cleaner and safer environment for your home.
Every day, accidents and poisonings claim the lives of pets worldwide. By taking the steps necessary to make your home pet-friendly, you do your part to ensure that you and your furry friend get to spend a long time together. In addition to posting the Poison Control Hotline number in a place where you see it regularly, you should follow the suggestions listed below as ways of protecting your dog or cat from harm.
Here are five things you can do today to pet-proof your home:
1. Invest in safety latches and fences. Control where your pets enter and exit with greater ease by installing these items throughout the home. Your pet won’t be tempted to go somewhere they shouldn’t. They’ll have a physical barrier preventing them from entering a room that you’d prefer they didn’t.
2. Remove toxic cleaners and substances from the property. Harsh chemical cleaners and other substances such as nicotine and antifreeze can cause harm to pets. Opt for natural alternatives that don’t pollute the environment you and your dog and cat live in. Remember that you’ll be breathing in any substance used to clean your house. Pets with respiratory problems often develop them because the air quality indoors is poor.
3. Opt for pet-friendly plants and décor. Common houseplants and things like Christmas tree tinsel can be a problem for pets. If ingested, a myriad of health problems ensue. Finding plants that are healthy for cats and dogs is one way to deal with this problem best. Decorating Christmas trees with other ornamentation keeps tinsel from finding its way into the mouths and bodies of your pets.
4. Choose cordless window blinds. Not only a safety issue for small children, cords on window blinds pose a threat to animals, too. Opt to invest in window coverings that are cordless. If that isn’t a possibility, make sure to place the cords in a way that they don’t get tangled around your pet’s neck.
5. Keep pool areas closed off to unsupervised pets. That way they won’t fall into the pool when you’re away. You won’t be able to save them if you’re not aware of their whereabouts. If your pets go outdoors, build a fence around your pool or only let them out when you’re available to supervise.
Pet-proof your home by doing the five things listed above. It creates a safe and injury-free environment for your pet no matter what size he or she may be. Baby animals and adult animals can easily be harmed by many of the things deemed harmless in a home. By removing these items from your space and taking precautionary measures to protect your dog and cat, you’re investing in their future. Not only does it cost money to take an injured pet to the veterinarian, some mishaps cause fatalities which is something you definitely want to avoid.
Happy & HealthyPet Lover Guarantee!
Making sure you find a deeper connection with your pet is our unwavering promise to you! We take great pride in offering a wide selection of stylish and affordable pet products for the everyday pet lover. Having a broad selection of high quality products that are durable, modern and look great in any home is at the heart of everything we provide.
Pet lovers rave about how our products help keep a clean home and do it with style. We provide products that not only make your home a sanctuary for pet lovers to forge a stronger bond with their pets, we help your pets be as healthy as possible.
CBD Oil for Cats?
You’ve seen all the reports in the news lately about legalizing marijuana, right? Well, CBD oil is the stuff in marijuana that doesn’t make you “high”, instead, it contains a...
WIN COOL PRIZES!
Upload a cat selfie with an Easyology product using #easyologypets tag to entered to win!