Things That Aggravate Your Cat’s Skin Condition
Dry, itchy skin can cause your cat great discomfort. In order to treat the problem once and for all, you need to know the source of your kitty’s irritation. It could be due to the lack of moisture in the air, a parasite or stress. Here are some things that aggravate your cat’s skin condition:
• Ear Mites. An external parasite may be the cause for your cat’s scratching around the ears. You’ll see coffee ground-like debris in the cat’s ear canals. If it isn’t ear mites, it could be lice, which are equally troublesome.
• Environmental Changes. Household irritants such as chemicals and certain fabrics can irritate your kitty’s skin. If you’ve introduced a new product into the home and notice that your cat is itchy like crazy, it’s a possibility that it may be the cause.
• Yeast Infections. A bacterial infection or yeast infection occurs following other skin disorders. It’s important to treat it right away before it worsens. Your veterinarian will be a good resource for ways to combat the infection.
• Stress. If your cat has undergone stress, he or she may chew or lick on spots of their body as a way of self-soothing. You should try to discourage the behavior before they cause harm to their skin or fur. You can do this by petting them and speaking to them in a calm, reassuring voice.
• Tumors. A tumor may be to blame for cat’s discomfort. Make it point to visit the vet regularly for check-ups. In some cases, the tumors are treatable and non-life-threatening. When in doubt, it’s better to be safe than sorry. Symptoms that could indicate that your cat has a skin condition include licking and scratching of the affected area, redness and inflammation, scabs, scaly patches on your pet’s face and paws, and hair loss. Rashes, swelling, and drainage could also play a role in why your cat is itching like crazy.
Happy & HealthyPet Lover Guarantee!
Making sure you find a deeper connection with your pet is our unwavering promise to you! We take great pride in offering a wide selection of stylish and affordable pet products for the everyday pet lover. Having a broad selection of high quality products that are durable, modern and look great in any home is at the heart of everything we provide.
Pet lovers rave about how our products help keep a clean home and do it with style. We provide products that not only make your home a sanctuary for pet lovers to forge a stronger bond with their pets, we help your pets be as healthy as possible.
What To Do If You’ve Lost Your Pet
Have you or a friend ever lost your pet? If your pet does become lost, ACT FAST! Take the following steps to help bring your fur baby back home to safety. Do...
WIN COOL PRIZES!
Upload a cat selfie with an Easyology product using #easyologypets tag to entered to win!